- Absentee Woodland Owner Study: Study of Absentee Woodland Owners in PA, CO and NC (key takeaways), April, 2015
- Absentee Woodland Owner Study: Study of Absentee Woodland Owners in PA, CO and NC (full report), April 2015
- Focus Group Study: Motivating Woodland Owners to Take Action (key takeaways), November 2014
- Focus Group Study: Motivating Woodland Owners to Take Action (full report), November 201
- Call Before You Cut: Campaign Strategy, March 2009
- Call Before You Cut Campaign: Creative Brief for Publicity Materials, March 2009
- Focus Group Report: Reaching Woodland Owners with Messages that Resonate (Ohio, Indiana and Iowa), March 2009
- PowerPoint: Using NWOS Data in Your Outreach, North Carolina 2015 Template
Available for download here are background documents about the Sustaining Family Forests Initiative, including the original project proposal and meeting reports. In addition, a literature review on Family Forest Owners is available as well as a document about motivating conservation and stewardship behaviors. You may also download our TELE brochure.
Background Documents for download:
- Report from the Wingspread Panel on Sustaining Family Forests, October 2003
- Motivating Conservation and Stewardship Behaviors, March 2004
- Sustaining Family Forests Research Proposal, July 2005
- Report from the Sustaining Family Forests Initiative Wingspread Meeting, July 2006
- Executive Summary from the Wingspread Meeting, July 2006
- Family Forest Owners Literature Review, March 2011
The Sustaining Family Forests Initiative has issued a number of research reports, which convey early results of an ongoing effort to better understand the demography, attitudes, behaviors, and intentions of American family forest owners.
The first, Family Forest Owners: Insights into Land-Related Stewardship, Values, and Intentions is based on findings from landowner focus groups conducted in five regions of the US.
Family Forest Owners: An In-depth Profile, used data from the USDA Forest Service’s National Woodland Owner Survey to better understand family forest owners and, in turn, how a successful social marketing campaign might be implemented.
Research reports for download:
- Family Forest Owners: Insights into Land-Related Stewardship, Values, and Intentions, A report by GfK Roper Public Affairs and Media on focus group findings prepared for the Sustaining Family Forests Initiative
- Getting the Attention of Family Forest Owners: Lessons from Social Marketing Research
- Full Report. Family Forest Owners: An In-Depth Profile