Thanks to continued generous support from the USDA Forest Service, SFFI will conduct nine Tools for Engaging Landowners Effectively workshops in 2016-2017!
During the Fall of 2015, SFFI solicited proposals from organizations throughout the country. Through a competitive selection process, SFFI identified nine recipients for this fiscal year’s TELE workshop series:
- Alabama: Hosted by American Forest Foundation and My Alabama Woods
- Minnesota: Hosted by Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- New York: Hosted by Cornell Cooperative Extension, New York Forest Owners Association (NYFOA)
- Ohio: Hosted by Ohio State University Extension
- Pennsylvania: Hosted by PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Bureau of Forestry and the Center for Private Forests at Penn State
- Wisconsin: Hosted by the Driftless Forest Network
- Florida, Georgia and Texas/Louisiana: Hosted by 8 local Longleaf implementation teams.
In September 2015, SFFI received a generous grant from the Edmund F. and Virginia B. Ball Foundation, the fourth grant since 2009. We are most grateful to the Ball Foundation for their long standing support for SFFI, which has been critical to our being able to develop and implement TELE.